I’m running Debian 10 on a MacBook Pro. I uninstalled Belchertown and did a
deep cleaning of /var/www/html.  Also double checked weewx.conf for any
remnants.

I installed Belchertown using wget
https://github.com/poblabs/weewx-belchertown/releases/download/weewx-belchertown-1.1/weewx-belchertown-release-1.1.tar.gz

<https://github.com/poblabs/weewx-belchertown/releases/download/weewx-belchertown-1.1/weewx-belchertown-release-1.1.tar.gz>
 and sudo wee_extension --install weewx-belchertown-release-1.1.tar.gz.
wee_reports ran without error. I could access in my browser at
http://localhost/weewx/belechertown <http://localhost/weewx/belechertown>.  It
worked through couple iterations, then quit. The HTML_ROOT
=/var/www/weewx/belchertown showed the last run before it died.

I’ve removed Belchertown again and the generic weewx seems to work fine. It
seems that I have an issue with pitting the results of the report generation in
the right place.
Mike