After finding some time, I finally managed to solve this. I just needed to
read the chart wiki a bit more careful. The result is now like this:

The snippet from the graphs.conf as follows:

        [[[outTemp_avg]]]
            zIndex = 3
            name = Mittl. Temperatur
            color = orange
            observation_type = outTemp
            aggregate_type = avg
            [[[[marker]]]]
                enabled = true
                radius = 4

What was needed, was only the definition of the observation_type and
aggregate_type.

However, one issue is remaining. I tried to scale the the yaxis for the
temparture by:
            yAxis_min = -5
            yAxis_max = 40
This leads to the graph above. I think that yAxis_min does not accept
negative values. Correct?
If I change to:
            yAxis_min = 0
            yAxis_max = 40
Then everything works as expected.

Any idea how to solve my remaining issue (if possible)?