CHANGES COMING! This is the last release that will support the LaCrosse
WS23xx,
  Oregon WMR200 and WMR300 stations. In the future, they will be published as
  unsupported extensions.

This is definitely not a complaint, and sorry if I have failed to notice
list traffic about this.

I don't have any of those stations, so this won't affect me.  But given
the overall "weewx way", I find this surprising.  I wonder if they are
troubled and nobody has volunteered to fix,if there is some reason they
are too hard to keep working, or if there are too many unreasonable
demands for support, or something else?

I'm also curious if there is a plan/timeline for dropping python 2.7
support.  (I haven't personally moved to 3, partly because it has seemed
not 100% baked, and partly I just haven't.  With this release, it seems
python 3 is perhaps the standard approach, and certainly not
experimental.

Greg