I do like the idea of using CWOP for the reasons you mentioned.  I'm
comfortable around the Weewx ecosystem, Python, etc.  If you don't mind,
send it along and I'll have a look.

No rush.  I still don't have a dedicated antenna for a packet station like
I used to.  (Although I have a few things in mind)

Thanks.