Getting a little frustrated with the Interceptor plugin.  I am happy with my cheapie ecowitt station.  It does the job nicely, but the unreliable link has been interceptor.  Every time I have upgraded the system has broken.  This last one with no resolution.  I posted my issue on Gethub and it has been a while with no response.   I do understand that coding for these little projects is a voluntary basis, so I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth.  To my point in the subject line.  Would not it be better to work with ecowitt directly to provide either RAW APRS packets out to an APRS gateway (for CWOP), or have an API for weewx to poll or receive broadcasts directly from their GW-1000? I do see that they already have a nice website for posting the product from their GW-1000 (ecowitt.net and Wunderground), but there is an advantage to having a local system running on a Rasbperry Pi in case of internet outage.  Moreover, to have an inexpensive way to participate in CWOP is really cool too.  Though their product may not be physically robust like more expensive models.  The data I get seems to be really good.  My only bad data set is the wind, but the placement of that equipment could definitely use improvement.  I can't blame the product if it is not placed properly.

Thanks,

Chris KQ6UP