You can get old versions of weewx .deb packages
at http://weewx.com/downloads/released_versions/ if you know what version
you used to use.   Check your weewx.conf file for the version identifier
near the top.    You could alternately use the 'setup.py' method to install
current weewx on your ancient os, likely using python2 that your old os
probably has as its default.

But your preferred path is reflash to a current os and install current
weewx and then you're good for a long time.   You're talking 15 minutes of
work to do that.

I would suggest not bothering trying a dist-upgrade from debian-7 to
debian-10, as it's going to take forever and likely will not work anyway.
Just reimage clean to current RaspiOS which is based on current debian and
get caught up once and for all.

On Friday, December 25, 2020 at 4:53:02 PM UTC-8 Joe wrote:

> Really sucks I gotta completely re-image and re-set my whole PI board for
> this.  I get used to set-forget .  I downloaded the files it needs.
> Database. conf files etc as the online site says.
>
> I was hoping this program would be more backward compatible with the RPI
> OS.
>
> On Friday, December 25, 2020 at 1:06:21 PM UTC-6 vince wrote:
>
>> Yup - your os is far too ancient for the libraries the weewx dpkg is
>> built against.   That version went end-of-life in May-2018.
>>
>> I'd suggest you reimage with the current RaspiOS from
>> https://www.raspberrypi.org/software/operating-systems and then you'll
>> be up to date and supportable.  The weewx package works just fine in the
>> current os.
>>
>> On Friday, December 25, 2020 at 2:35:04 AM UTC-8 Joe wrote:
>>
>>> That worked.  7.8
>>>

>>> PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)"
>>> NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
>>> VERSION_ID="7"
>>> VERSION="7 (wheezy)"
>>> ID=raspbian