ALL

For a while, started getting the dreadful "skips" in WeeWX Graphs. Sure,
and apologies to Tom & others, that I gave WeeWX the "usual suspects"
eyes...

Tried to ignore at 1st, but later showed to be prominent and consistent, to
the extend that my RPi4 could not even hold a SSH/Putty connection for long
without rebooting itself...

Googling "RPi Crash/Reboot" will mostly only say that 99% its the power
supply or USB cord to blame. Thus I switched both, many ways, and still
same...

Maybe it's "software/OS" related: Burned an older, and "formerly stable"
WeeWX, and still same...

Maybe it's "hardware": Changed RPi4 to a different, but similar and newer,
RPi4, and still same....

Thus: good SD card (not the "cheapo"), good RPi4, good power supply & USB
cable..., and still same...

Next... debugging strategies (which may be obvious to some, but took me
longer in the learning process, and I post in case of guidance to others).
In summary:

1) Keep a steady SSH connection from computer to RPi... and see if it
maintains, or reboot/shutdown
2) Power supply/USB cable? (99%)
3) "# service --status-all"... What is running?!
4) Any extra interface, or mount?
5) Reboot RPi, stop installed services one-by-one
6) Stop unnecessary RPi/Raspian services (if headless, no need for
X-Desktop, video, sound, blutooth, etc)

In my case, not necessary in the above order, but by command "# service
--status-all", it showed that I had 'Monit" still running.

Monit is a monitoring service that I tried long ago as to keep a Watchdog
upon WeeWX. Turned out, as it didn't accomplished what I was expecting,
thought that I had removed already.... but not. Then 'Monit' (after OS
updates) was the culprit... and now things back to normal after
purge/remove...

On the "Silver lining of things", I cleaned-up a LOT of Raspian extra
services that I didn't even knew it was running in the background or
actually using... (and so should you).

Xant