I have set up a new copy of v4.3 on Ubuntu alongside an updated existing
installation running on Raspbian, both using a modified copy of Sofaskin.
Default date and time formats follow the locale setting on Raspbian but not
on Ubuntu (20.04.1). Don't see how it can be anything to do with Sofaskin.
Mike, what OS and locale are you using?