> On 12 Jan 2021, at 12:12, Nate Bargmann <n...@n0nb.us> wrote:
>
> * On 2021 12 Jan 13:40 -0600, galfert wrote:
>> Stop saying that the airport is at the same elevation or at different
>> elevation from you. That is extraneous and irrelevant information.
>
> I am merely attempting to be factual as I'll admit to being still a bit
> confused as to what unit the METAR from my airport shows, whether
> barometer or altimeter.  No matter, I shall not concern myself with that
> any longer.

METARs from an airport will always have the altimeter setting, because that’s
what pilots care about.  At least in the US it is given in hundredths of an
inch, prefixed with “A”.  For example
KWVI 130053Z AUTO 00000KT 10SM CLR 13/07 A3031 RMK AO2 SLP263 T01280072
the altimeter setting is 30.31”.  METARs usually also contain the pressure
corrected to sea level; that’s the string that begins with “SLP” and gives the
pressure in tenths of a millibar, without the hundreds and thousands digits.
“SLP263” = 1026.3 millibar.  (Note that the 30.31 altimeter setting in that
METAR corresponds to 1026.5 mb, so they really are different values.)

  -Les