On Saturday, January 16, 2021 at 5:55:11 AM UTC-8 mi...@cougar.eu.com wrote:

> I used to use Virtual Box all the time but these days tend to spin up EC2
> hosts, but hadn't even thought of that for WeeWX testing, so definitely
> going to give that a go

Yup.  You could probably use the provisioner scripts I have in my repo as a
userdata script in EC2 or Lightsail.   I'd do it via Terraform but there
are many ways of course.

Nice thing about Vagrant/VirtualBox is that once you have those two
packages installed and have cloned my repo, it's just "vagrant up" to
boot+configure a VM, and "vagrant destroy" to delete them.