Question about shortening the poll interval an implications /
recommendations...
My setup is I’ve got 2x GW1000’s both reading lots of “shared” sensors but
one reading at WS80 and one reading a WS68. I then have 2x Raspberry Pi’s
concurrently, both running the API in driver mode and receiving data from
each GW1000 separately into separate Weewx 4 DBs on each Pi.

My objective is to ensure that all the wind sensor’s data at the reporting
frequency it is produced (I mean seconds, not MHz) is captured and loaded
into weewx, so that it can get the statistics correct for max/mean etc over
the standard 5 min report periods. Otherwise AFAIK some sensor dat is lost
as the GW1000’s only make available the latest sensor data readings to own
stream services, if the frequency of that push/pull is lower than the
sensor frequency (see https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=41201.0).

So... I was planning to set the poll_interval of the API pointing at the
“WS80’s GW1000” to say 4s or 5s (WS80 updates every 4.8s), and the “WS68’s
GW1000” to 16s (WS68 updates every 16.5s).

I could not see any restrictions on doing this in the wiki/docs, but I was
potentially concerned in overloading the servers particularly the GW1000’s.
I was wondering
- if this is feasible (e.g. no lower limit?),
- if you have tested this at higher frequencies, and
- if you have any recommendations on doing this or not, or other settings
changes with higher frequencies? E.g. socket_timeout, max_tries, retry_wait
(all which I was planning on leaving as-is)

Thanks!