That would be the sensible thing to do.  But it’s a different algorithm, not
just a change in the low-temperature limit.  The new algorithm is closer to
Steadman’s original concept of giving a perceived temperature relative to an
average humidity, so low humidities can result in a heat index that’s lower
than the ambient temperature, which will never happen with the old algorithm.

The other subtle difference is that my modification returns None when the
temperature is below threshold, rather than returning a heat index equal to the
temperature.  That means there are no abrupt jumps in the value as temperature
changes slightly; the heat index just isn’t reported.

  -Les