No questions right now. Just felt like sharing some good fortune. The TLDR:
I upgraded on accident and everything is working great!

I had been running weewx 3.9.2 on a raspberry pi 4 for quite some time. I
knew that at some point I would need to make the jump to 4.x, but
everything was running so smoothly. I had originally installed weewx with
the belchertown skin using some instructions I found while searching for a
way to connect my vantage pro 2 to a raspberry pi.

As I perused the documentation on upgrading weewx, I really wasn't sure if
I had installed with a setup.exe or some other method. I had pretty much
decided that at some point, I would simply save off the database and and
config files and do a clean install of 4.x.

Fast forward to now:  I accidentally upgraded weewx by doing a sudo yum
full-upgrade. When I saw it happen, I cringed. I had visions of pulling the
rest of my hair out trying to get all the parts working again
(weewx/skins/mqtt). To my surprise, there was very little reconfiguration
that had to be done!

Sure, I had to copy some settings into the 4.4 weewx config. I installed
the latest Belchertown skin and reconfigured the settings for that. Then
added my mqtt setting back in, and boom!

Since luck was with me, I decided to import 8 years worth of WU data using
the wee_import utility. I had tried with 3.92 but had no luck. The 4.4
wee_import worked perfectly the first time! It took a while, and I had to
break it into 6 month chunks, but it worked!  I also had to update my api
key once on the WU site. Not sure if I exceeded the number of calls allowed
or it was something else, but regenerating a new key allowed me to finish.

I've had to clean up quite a bit of bad data that has been sitting in
WU-land for the last decade, but the instructions in the weewx wiki were
clear and easy to follow.

The only thing left to do is to make python 3 the default and load the
necessary dependencies.

I just want to thank all the "experts" in this group who have both amazing
knowledge and, more importantly, unceasing patience!  So many groups are
full of condescending "experts" who would rather make you feel like an
idiot than share their time and expertise. Hats off to all of you!

Ernie