This post is intended to get information and feedback from John Klein, the
author of the weewx-purple extension.

I recently set up two pupleair outdoor sensors and installed the
weewx-purple extension.  All is working well, but I have some questions
about the calculation of AQI and the US EPA correction for PM2.5 used in
the extension.

I reviewed the reference document
(https://cfpub.epa.gov/si/si_public_file_download.cfm?p_download_id=539905&Lab=CEMM)

and it proposes the following averaging operations:

1. Average each column to 1-hr average (e.g. 8:00-8:59= 8am average)
2. Exclude hour if less than 90% of the measurements are available in the
hour average
3. Exclude hour if 1-hr A&B averages are different by BOTH: 5 µg m-3 & 70%†

My question is if the extension applies these averaging and data exclusion
operations?  From the graphs produced it appears that the 1 hour average is
not used, because the graphs show peaks that are not present when compared
with the 1 hour average graphs obtained directly from the purpleair website.

My suspicion is that the correction applied is limited to the following
formula
PM2.5=0.541*PA_cf1(avgAB)-0.0618*RH +0.00534*T +3.634

Thanks in advance for any feedback.