I am asking just that but I can’t see how —binding might work

When I installed the Envoy drive, it still uses wx_binding when in creates
envoy.sdb

So I tried:

In /home/weewx:

sudo bin/wee_database --add-column=energy_total --config=archive/envoy.sdb

And it throws an error:

wee_database: error: no such option: --add-column