A VERY quick look at the Airmar driver and docs on Airmar website suggests the
weather station communicates via NMEA sentences.  If yes, they probably use the
standard sentences for GPS position - can’t remember their names but they are
well documented.

Anyway, you might be able modify the driver to parse NMEA sentences and write
to the variable Tom K mentioned.

Regards,

Garry Lockyer
C: +1.250.689.0686