Ty <tylerti...@gmail.com> writes:

> The way I have it set up is all of the sensors are connected on a sparkfun
> board on my arduino, and then the pi is powering the arduino. I'm just
> sending the data from the arduino straight to the pi with a usb connection
> and outputting it into a .csv
>
> I don't think using MQTT would be necessary. Maybe I should have described
> my setup a little more clearly.

Basically you have to do some combination of putting your data into a
form that can be ingested by an existing driver, or creating a driver
that will ingest the data in some other form.

I too am in the "MQTT is the right answer".  You can easily run a broker
on the Pi, or you can run it on whatever machine you are going to run
weewx on.  Then you can use MQTTSubscribe which I am 95%+ sure supports
being a driver (rather than a service).

Probably you want to put json with everything from the csv into a topic,
but you may just want separate topics.  Read the MQTTSubscribe info to
figure out what it wants and write the data in that format.

Also, once you have MQTT, you may want to do home automation or
something else, and then that will be able to read weather information.

Overall, I think the fastest path to success, with you writing the least
code, where success means things are 100% reliable, is writing the
sensors into MQTT and using MQTTSubscribe.   At least that's what I
would do.

I have a bunch of ESP8266 with sensors all sending data in MQTT, read by
Home Assistant.  weewx uses the Davis driver and then publishes every
archive interval to MQTT.   So in weewx I just see weather, and in Home
Assistant I see weather and various indoor temps, battery voltage, etc.