Weewx uptime: 0 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes

Server uptime: 0 days, 0 hours, 10 minutes

- Paul VE1DX

On 2021-06-29 6:35 p.m., vince wrote:
On Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 12:48:09 PM UTC-7 WindnFog wrote:

    It's nitpicking, but if I reboot my Pi, the server uptime is
    always shorter than the weewx uptime.  I get things like:

    Weewx uptime:10 days, 1 hour, 38 minutes
    Server uptime: 10 days, 1 hour, 36 minutes

It does seem like nitpicking perhaps.
Is it really 'that' important to spend all this time worrying it ?

I did a trial on my pi4 with the simulator and see the same thing.  The weewx uptime is a minute more than the server uptime.  I'm guessing it has something to do with the order the threads get their brains straight but I didn't do much digging around.   If you want to look at the code, check out bin/weewx/station.py

If it bothers you that much, you could add a cron job that resets weewx a few minutes after reboot.
ref: https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/run-script-at-boot-raspberry-pi

Perhaps a simple bash script ala "sleep 300 && systemctl restart weewx" or the like (untested).

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "weewx-user" group. To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/weewx-user/kMMYGq5gC6E/unsubscribe <https://groups.google.com/d/topic/weewx-user/kMMYGq5gC6E/unsubscribe>. To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/b8bc0592-65ac-4e9c-a7dc-2dedce87882cn%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/b8bc0592-65ac-4e9c-a7dc-2dedce87882cn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.