Hello, everyone. I have a question about time synchronization in Weewx. I
use a Raspberry and the sync integration with my Vantage also works well.
There's
just one problem. If the Raspberry reaches an incorrect or no NTP, it also
incorrectly adjusts the Vantage console, which then leads to a loss of data
in the data logger. Couldn't a kind of back door be installed in the
weewx.conf in the [StdTimeSynch] section? So that's how I make it up:

[StdTimeSynch]

    # How often to check the weather station clock for drift (in seconds)
    clock_check = 14400

    # How much it can drift before we will correct it (in seconds)
    max_drift = 5

    # Controll Date is Upper than
     date_controll > 2020

By default, the date is set to 01.01.1970 if the Raspi does not reach the
NTP. But if weewx now checks whether the date is higher than e.g. 2020,
then you could prevent synchronization with the console. The reason for me
is as follows. I have a watchdog running on the Raspi, which always checks
whether a network connection is available. If this fails for a longer
period of time, it restarts the Raspi. If, of course, the internet signal
is not available, the Raspi starts with the standard date of 01/01/1970 and
then sends this to the Davis console. This means that the recorded data in
the data logger can no longer be used. Is this possible?

Thanks
Stefan