Hi - I am running weewx 3.9.1 and was planning to upgrade to 4.5.1.

I came across this in the documentation

"*Warning!*
You must use the same upgrade technique as your initial install! For
example, if you used setup.py to install WeeWX, then you should
use setup.py to upgrade. If you used a DEB or RPM package to install, then
you should upgrade using the same package type."

I want to ensure I take this sound advice but I have no idea how I
originally installed it, is there some way of telling this?

Many thanks,
Gavin