Vince:

Thanks for the heads up! I figured I will be regenerating keys or dumping
this service all together! :)

I did figure this out. AERIS changed their login process, so you need to
create a AERISWeather account. I simply followed Pat O'Briens' link and
recreated my account.

Here are the steps:

1. Setup your weather station on PWSWeather.com. Make sure you obtain a API
key from the station page as that will be your new password in weewx.conf
for your station id.
2. go to https://www.aerisweather.com/signup/pws and login with your
PWSWeather.com email and password. They will send you a verification code
in your email.
3. Once verified, you will be prompted to create an AERISWeather.com
account. They login id is now your email address. I just created a new
account with my email and moved on.
4. Once you are in the dashboard, you create a "app". I used my base domain
as the namespace. It created a ID and secret. I added these into the
forecast api key and secret in the Belchertown skin settings in weewx.conf.

I just performed all of these steps and just pulled the forecast a minute
ago in my weewx weatherstation.

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 2:49 PM vince <vinceska...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You might to generate a new key since you posted your keys here.....
>
> If you have a link regarding them asking folks to reset their account
> (whatever that means), it would be nice to pass along.
>
> On Monday, December 20, 2021 at 11:29:00 AM UTC-8 do...@dougjenkins.com
> wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue with
>> Belchertown and AERIS forecast. I was receiving forecasts from AERIS up to
>> 12/15/2021 1:00PMEST. After that, I am getting this error in my weewx.log:
>>
>> **** Error downloading forecast data. Check the URL in your configuration
>> and try again. You are trying to use URL:
>> https://api.aerisapi.com/forecasts/27.872488,-82.821730?&format=json&filter=day&limit=7&client_id=4bsPze5DiJpq7sEIRk60G&client_secret=cYZ4xZ2Uyj4WWRMbkrZbRiEsuWMn2co9hwyBHTTh,
>> and the error is: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized
>>
>> **** FULL SNIPPET OF LOG IS ATTACHED TO THIS MESSAGE **** AERIS was
>> providing forecast data to accounts that were publishing data to
>> PWSWeather.com. I went to the AERIS website and they stated they have
>> changed their authentication recently and need everyone to reset their
>> account. I submitted a reset account request multiple times, but no
>> response. Anyone else experiencing this?

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/f0c8ba71-5ca2-44f2-8e8c-22159b09a75en%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/f0c8ba71-5ca2-44f2-8e8c-22159b09a75en%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Thanks,

Doug Jenkins