At this point after installing weewx on different Rpis on several occasions
with the same results, like Vince I am fairly convinced the problem is with
the logger and for now I'm going wait till I can swap it out and see if it
makes a difference.  If I'm lucky my friend will loan me an extra logger he
has.  Standby.  I might also explore setting up weewx to take data from my
WeatherLink Live device but from what I have read so far that could be an
even deeper rabbit hole to dive into with my limited (but growing)
knowledge base...At any rate I really appreciate everyone's help. Thank you
so much!

Aloha and Mahalo,

Tim