Funny you should bring this up now. I recently upgraded to WeeWX 2.6, and
my modified code no longer works. I was always able to adapt to each new
version, but the new codebase is quite different than the previous ones. I
have kind of given up on trying to adapt it to 2.6. Sorry.

Instead, I use a cron job to “rsynch” my local files to the remote. It
sounds like maybe you are doing something similar.

If you are using some version of WeeWX less than 2.6 I could still send you
my code. Although even that code requires the pysftp library, so maybe none
of this will help you. :-/

Let me know if you’d like to try it.

On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 23:03 'Dr. Thomas Tuch' via weewx-user <
weewx-user@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Dear Rob
> After moving to a different server i have been trying to get sftp to work
> with weewx and never managed to get pysftp compiled, probably because my pi
> is running Ubuntu 16. This I cannot change because my home automation is
> running on the same pi3b - I would not like to mess with heating etc in
> German winter :-) I would therefore be happy to get a copy of your hack.
> Thank you in advance. Thomas
>

> robcr...@gmail.com schrieb am Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2020 um 18:09:56 UTC+2:
>
>> Dear Mr or Ms Potamia, ;-)
>>
>> I have code that I hacked into the standard Weewx base that implements
>> proper sftp. If you would like a copy I can send it to you. (And anyone
>> else who’d like a copy.) Just one modified file.
>>
>> /rob

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/f0444643-d438-47ab-b11c-5a9bf624222en%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/f0444643-d438-47ab-b11c-5a9bf624222en%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

</rob>