The discussion of bogus archive records was intertwined with other,
unrelated, topics in another thread
<https://groups.google.com/g/weewx-user/c/BIi4mYpj63A> titled "WeeWX V4.6.1
released", so I'm moving it here, to its own, dedicated, thread.

The issue is that we have seen 3 different stations that emit bogus values
for fields such as "soilMoist1", "soilTemp1," etc., despite the requisite
sensor not being present. Here's the summary. Please correct me if I'm
wrong.

Rob: Vantage Vue; firmware 3-Feb-2015 (V4.18)
Gentil: Vantage Vue; firmware 3-Feb-2015 (V4.18)

Gary: Vantage Vue; firmware 16-Apr-2018 (V4.33)

I've been in contact with Davis and they have asked two questions:

1. Are you pushing to WeatherLink.com? If so, please provide your Device
ID. That will allow them to monitor remotely what your logger is emitting.

2. Please provide the manufacturer's code for your console. You can find it
on the back of your console on a barcode strip. This is to check for a
console / firmware mismatch.

Thanks all!

-tk