Gary,

Pardon me for jumping in on this thread, butseeing Weather Display and clientraw.txt terms grabbed my attention.

I've read through this message, and it lead me to the WeeWx-WD (end of life) and the WeeWx-Saratoga portions, which I read, and partially understand.

My main goal is to find some station code for WeeWx which will take my WeatherDisplay clientraw file and allow it to drive WeeWx.  I looked at this a couple years ago and was given a lead to use fileparser, but that station base code requires a observation name followed by the value; as you know clientraw.txt is just a string of numbers, which is incredibly well analyzed in one of the files on Saratoga (https://saratoga-weather.org/wdparser.php).

As a clarification, you might ask why in the world if I'm running Weather Display, why would I want it to feed WeeWx?  First, with Weather Display Brian H. has implemented an amazing number of weather station interfaces which just plain work.  I have a passion for hardware, and have at least five stations feeding Weather  Display.  Therefore not only am I running Weather Display, but it is functioning as an interface to those stations. I could fiddle with my WeeWx installations and feed different ones from different stations, especially if there are not direct drivers native to WeeWx. All I'd need to do is have Weather Display output through  clientraw.txt, to my WeeWx Raspberry Pi configurations.

I love WeeWx, and am far from a programmer, but have followed the discussions and made some modifications to the basic code (all suggested, I'm not that smart to figure it out but I'm getting better) and also have selected to run the Belchertown as an output skin also.

So what I'm looking for and haven't apparently found it quite yet, is some station driver which will take the clientraw. txt and act like a LOOP feeder for WeeWx.  Fileparser requires a format that is far different from what WD outputs.  I haven't been able to produce functioning code which inserts the necessary value identifiers to make this work.  I see this thread and hope wells up, especially after looking at the Saratoga examples which seem to look into a URL, analyze the WeatherDisplay output, and produce such a file.  As far as I can determine, that whole thing was done just to make the Saratoga work.

Obviously I'm missing something, like why is WeeWx involved in the conversion at all?  I thought (although never set it up) that WD output can directly drive Saratoga but I could be all wet on that conclusion.

The last question, straight out, is:  Is there a WeeWx station code that I can use to read WD files (not fileparser, since as I noted it needs a different format) and have WeeWx import those Loop-like packets?

If there is not, and my efforts to make something like this work (the data in the clientraw.txt  or customclientraw.txt output is very much enough to make WeeWx's need for data points to work), my old remaining possible solution is to write Brian, who has returned from a  brake, to see if he can implement a custom output driver that will do like his API code does to feed Meteotemplate and CWOS, which work slick but no doubt takes a bit of skill and time to write.

Whew, I'm sorry for the long message, but was inspired by the discussion to see if there is something out there, or that a solution is easily implemented, and hope to get guidance from you or others experienced with station driver routines.

Dale

http://ecwx.info/weewx/