I replaced the weewx (=weewx-multi) in the /etc/init.d folder with the
normal weewx and then the upgrade finished without error, Then copied
weewx-multi again as weewx in the /etc/init.d folder.
Next time I do the upgrade immediately
sudo wee_config --upgrade --config=/etc/weewx/instance.conf
--dist-config=/etc/weewx/weewx.conf.dist