Getting the pressure off the AcuRite when using SDR is a matter of scraping
it off the Atlas unit (which is what sends the data off to Wunderground and
AcurRite). I'm not sure what the 5-in-1 does in that regard, but I do have
code kicking around  that might help.

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 02:55, Doug Jenkins <d...@dougjenkins.com> wrote:

> I have a similar problems with my 5-in-1 recently eating batteries every
> month. I hope I can figure it out and not a internal issue with the station
> itself.
>
> For SDR, I was able to get data off rtl_433 on channel 40. You will get
> temp, humidity, wind speed/direction, and rain. You will not get the
> barometer as that sensor is located inside the console unit.
>
> I am experimenting with a BME280 sensor chip with a RPi3 where I was going
> to write a data service to poll the sensor and update the LOOP data with
> its values (Temp/humidity/pressure). Hopefully that will be merged with the
> SDR driver from Matthew Wall to replicate the same data sans the console.
>
> for station replacement, you may want to consider the Davis Vantage vue or
> any other all-in-one stations from Davis. Their build quality is better and
> have better integration options than Acurite. Just my $0.02.
>
> Let us know if you have any questions.
>
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2022, 12:44 PM ewhain...@gmail.com <ewhainswo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Gotcha *thanks*!
>>
>> So a bit of an update - I took the sensor unit down and brought it in,
>> popped the batteries out, powered down the sensor. I switched both units
>> from channel A to C, powered up the display, powered up the sensor and it
>> is currently working.
>>
>> *THEN* i set it on the outside table to see if it was going to remain
>> stable - well the wind picked up and blew it off the table and broke the
>> directional vane. Let's see how well the Gorilla glue works....
>>
>> Might still need that recommendation for a new system yet...
>>
>> On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 11:43:15 AM UTC-4 an oldman wrote:
>>
>>> the freq for my 5n1 from a SDR running rtl_433 for about 15 mins
>>> "freq" : 433.945
>>>  "freq" : 433.946
>>>  "freq" : 433.947
>>>  "freq" : 433.948
>>>  "freq" : 433.949
>>>  "freq" : 433.950
>>>  "freq" : 433.954
>>>  "freq" : 433.955
>>>  "freq" : 433.965
>>> this one likes to jump channels from A to C for some reason

>>> --
>> email to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/6346c66d-c347-4dfb-938d-f1b68c2c7820n%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/6346c66d-c347-4dfb-938d-f1b68c2c7820n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/CACC0i0yT1GrsbQ%2BeYpSJkuRbrvq8XStw1k5QdzHVcCJzNtqE2g%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/CACC0i0yT1GrsbQ%2BeYpSJkuRbrvq8XStw1k5QdzHVcCJzNtqE2g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

  "I and the public know
  what all schoolchildren learn
  Those to whom evil is done
  Do evil in return"            W.H. Auden, "September 1, 1939"