I know what my current archive interval is (Davis's default of 5 minutes)
and I don't have any plans to change it, but, in writing user
services/extensions, which others may conceivably use in the future, I
don't like to hard-code a value which may be different in a different
setup. I am sure that the current value of the parameter is accessible to
code running 'within' weewx (but not within an archive record handler), but
I couldn't find how to access it.