I've changed to running on a RPi3 B.  It's back up and running, however,
the LOOP error still exists.  After a time, however, I see that the system
initializes and posts data again!
NTP is running and keeping the time in sync, so I don't think it's a time
issue.  To say I'm baffled, would be an understatement!