Tom:

I can give it a look. Right now I am trying to get the install.py file
working to install the driver properly with the correct statements in
weewx.conf. Once I have that working, I can take a look at the logging.

One challenge is that I do not have a BME280, so I am probably going to
have to stub out those function calls to see if the solution will work in
principle.

hopefully Jan will help us out and verify the driver is working.

DDJ