My Weewx is somewhere with a pretty terrible internet connection.
Disconnects a lot. So I need a database on the WeeWx host, or I'd lose a
ton of intervals. But I also run various programs at home that reference
the archive, and they won't work when the WeeWx host has lost internet.

So I need two copies of the archive available at all times, one for each
location.

I use mariabackup, however that doesn't clone the database so much as
package it. It needs to be extracted to be used, and that would be
impractical to do every 5-10 minutes. There might be a way to mirror a
database (without querying the entire db each time), but I don't know it.
I'm open to ideas, and I really appreciate everyone taking the time to
respond.

Thanks