I only run 64 bit on my Raspberry Pi 4s because lots/most software is no longer
sufficiently tested on 32bits.  Even is WeeWX is well tested on 32-bits, there
is so much more that is running, and being updated, on the Pi.  As such, I
would not push back on that IN MOST CASES.

But this is a case where you probably shouldn’t be running it.  I *think* the
Pi Zero only has 512MB of RAM.  What all is running on the Pi Zero?  I expect
it might be slow (there are plenty of reports of that), but I’m surprised there
are crashes.