To Yves Martin : this is the way I do when I need to move my weewx
installation on a fresh system. It is the reverse of your method, and it
works very well :

1) in the new system, install a fresh "empty" version of weewx. When asked
for the location, longitude/latitude, and other information, enter anything
you want, these settings will be overwritten later.
2) stop the weewx service
3) copy (and overwrite for existing files) all the data files of your
previous weewx installation in the new system : sqlite database file,
weewx.conf, all skins and the content of the user directory.

restart the weewx service and it should work.