Built a new station using an esp32 which mqtt’s data every second to a
Raspi. A python program converts this to a txt file which I then file parse
into weewx. All ok.
I have successfully installed the steelseries gauges and the rtgd
extension. All works fine and it is fantastic to see the gauges updating in
real time.

Just one small problem - the Wind Direction gauge shows latest and average,
but the average is always the same as the latest. Tried playing with the
rtgd.py program but even when I set data[avgdirection] to a different
value, nothing  changes.

Any ideas?