Phillip Fischer <zs6f...@gmail.com> writes:

> Thank You! I am fairly new to the world of linux and learning new things
> each day! I appreciate your time to answer my question.

This is likely beyond what you care about, but note that the time values
are the number of seconds since January 1, 1970 UTC **as if there were
no leap seconds**.

But with weather data every 15 minuts, that just means that occasionally
those timestamps that differ from 900 will be 901 (or maybe in the
future 899 seconds apart).  And, surely your weather station doesn't
have leap second support, and your computer doesn't have a network
connection.

But seriously, I don't know how you are dealing with time, and probably
you want to have a GPS receiver and run ntpd to sync the RPI's clock,
and understand how that relates to the weather station's clock.

You probably also want to run the RPI in UTC, and also the weather
stations, so that there is no daylight savings time confusion.  weewx
does not as far as I know support "operate in UTC but produce
graphs/summaries in local time (meaning "today" as a 24h period,
min/max, etc.)".  But you are just going to process the weewx.sdb
elsewhere.

I would also put a USB SSD or stick in the Pi and back up the weewx.sdb
to that daily, in a way that doesn't overwrite the previous backups.
And a UPS (even a Pi UPS with a battery, but beware of lithium batteries
below freezing).