Tom and Gary confirmed that the VP2 hardware generated values for windchill are only available in the LOOP2 packets.

I’m not sure why you think that is relevant.  The question is, whether software or hardware generated, do the loop packets have windchill.  I confirmed they do contain windchill (for my VP2) before my initial reply.