I'm still struggling with this. Here's the updated code:

#errorCatcher Echo
#from weewx.units import ValueTuple, ValueHelper
#set $dayradiationacc=0
#for $dd in $week.days
#set $light=$daylight(timestamp=$dd)
#set $dayradiation=$light.radiation.sum.raw
#set $dayradiationacc=$dayradiationacc+$dayradiation
#end for
#set $dayradiationavg=$dayradiationacc/$week.days
#set
$dayradiation_vh=ValueHelper(ValueTuple($dayradiationavg,$unit.unit_type.radiation,'group_radiation'),formatter=$station.formatter)

And the error:

Jan 28 13:20:28 weather weewx[625144] ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator:
Evaluation of template /etc/weewx/skins/neowx-material/week.html.tmpl
failed with exception '<class 'TypeError'>'
Jan 28 13:20:28 weather weewx[625144] ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator: ****
Ignoring template /etc/weewx/skins/neowx-material/week.html.tmpl
Jan 28 13:20:28 weather weewx[625144] ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator: ****
Reason: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'float' and 'NoneType'
Jan 28 13:20:28 weather weewx[625144] ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator: ****
 Traceback (most recent call last):
Jan 28 13:20:28 weather weewx[625144] ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator: ****
 File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/cheetahgenerator.py", line 348, in generate
Jan 28 13:20:28 weather weewx[625144] ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator: ****
   unicode_string = compiled_template.respond()
Jan 28 13:20:28 weather weewx[625144] ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator: ****
 File
"cheetah__etc_weewx_skins_neowx_material_week_html_tmpl_1674912028_8195086_18355.py",

line 930, in respond
Jan 28 13:20:28 weather weewx[625144] ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator: ****
 TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'float' and 'NoneType'
I'm sure there must be an easy way to do this, I need to calculate the
average UV index and solar radiation based on daylight hours only.

Thanks in advance!

Rory