Dale,

If you replace your /usr/share/weewx/user/twi.py with the one I emailed you
a while back, you should be good to go.  I created a pull request to have
my fixes incorporated into the official version, you can find my fork
at https://github.com/pannetron/weewx-twi.  Both versions hard code the
baud rate at 19200.  Make sure you can putty to the station at that baud
rate.  If you're stuck on 9600, simply change the string "19200" in twi.py
to "9600".  After copying and/or changing twi.py, I restart weewx using the
"sudo /etc/init.d/weewx restart" method.  My corrected version of twi.py
has been working perfectly for me for several months now.  If you're in an
area where you experience negative outdoor temperatures, you'll also
benefit from a bug fix for TWI firmware that I developed years ago for
wview and ported into the weewx twi.py driver.  I poll my station every 5
seconds vs. the default 15 so my MQTT real-time stream is updated more
often to display more of our crazy winds.  You can see my data at
https://panneton.net/weather.

Cheers,

Russ