I actually did the python3 rewrite and provided it to the original author
to post on github.   I may have changed my local copy sometime later to fix
a problem with the URL but can't say for sure.  I have about 7 lines in my
generator that are commented out.  I know I didn't post further updates to
the author.   I could post my current code block for statsHTMLTable() here
but don't know how to go about getting it formatted correctly.
Either that or send me your email address and I'll send it to you the file.

I also created a tafgenerator based on the metargenerator so that I can
post that separately from the METAR blocks.