Your understanding is correct. As part of my debugging I ran the Seasons
skin and some additional skins. After each template was processed I logged
the number of entries in sys.modules. On the first reporting cycle it
increased by 1 for each template. After that it has not changed.
Belchertown allows the station owner to add custom content via #includes.
The OP was creating this html content every archive and therefore the cache
lookup failed. Since it was html it could be included with the ‘raw’
directive, skipping the whole Cheetah compilation process.
- rich