On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 12:17:47 AM UTC-7 IceNov wrote:

I can see the mqtt data when running weewxd from the command line - it is
one of the fields showing up in the terminal output - but it's not being
added to the database.

I've also tried importing a csv file with timestamp and value - which
reported success - but still no new column in the db.
How do I get a new measurement into the standard database?

Fields don't magically appear in the database.  You have to create them
yourself somehow.

Simplest way is to map the incoming MQTT topic to an existing field in the
database. See the example at
https://github.com/bellrichm/WeeWX-MQTTSubscribe/wiki/individual-example
for help.  Notice how topic/temp1 is mapped to extraTemp1 in the db ?