Some comments below.

Gary

On Wednesday, 30 August 2023 at 20:02:01 UTC+10 remy.l...@gmail.com wrote:

Actually, to make it simple for you, I have a weather station that doesn't
have a USB output. The data is sent to AWEKAS. So in python, for 5 minutes
I retrieve this data regularly, make an average for certain fields
(temperatures, hygrometry etc.) and for others take the maximum (rain rate)
during these 5 minutes. For rain, the station gives me the total since
00:00 which I calculate into rain over the 5 minute time slot.
After 5 minutes, I generate a CSV which will be integrated into the weewx
database with Wee_import.
Weewx recalculates all the data, generates the html page and the csv file
is deleted.
We start again every 5 minutes.

You have a complex, automated system for using wee_import. I would be
looking very carefully at what data wee_import is actually being fed, it
might not be what you think it is.

Do you think that a rainRate at 0 with a rain value in the rain field could
cause a problem during the integration and set both fields to 0?

I don't think this is likely. wee_import will import data if the field map
is valid and consistent, the field map fields are found in the source data
and the field value is (in this case) numeric. 0 is nothing special, just
another number. The import processing of one imported field has no impact
on any other imported field.