if you are going for a Ecowitt (clone) station, - look up https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=40730.0 to see what's available from them these days and what they are able to do - then weewx will be able to read their data which they all send via WLAN ("WiFi") to the local network and/or the internet.

The Ecowitt Gateway API driver will do this for consoles with that gateway API (GW1100, GW2000, WN19x0) or the Interceptor driver for the consoles which don't have this API. The consoles won't automatically post to weather services like Wunderground, Ecowitt etc., only when you choose to do so. In other words, weewx will either request the weather data via the Ecowitt gateway API or the consoles will (after having been instructed to do so) post their data to the server weewx is running on and weewx picks them up. To get an idea about it (for Ecowitt (clone) consoles) see the thread in the link above *chapter* *8* *data flow between sensors, consoles, application software and internet weather services.*

It won't hurt to read that thread completely*😎*

Ecowitt weather station today offer imo the best price/performance ratio and widest range of sensor support on the market for private weather stations in the 150-400 USD/EUR segment.

You are of course free to choose other manufacturers and more expensive solutions if your wallet allows*😉*