Given a number of previous threads by the OP related to writing a driver,
this could be a report issue or a driver issue. Tom covered off the report
issue, but if it is a driver issue then it could be a case of garbage in =
garbage out. Your driver should be emitting loop packets and the rain field
in each loop packet must be the rainfall seen by the station since the last
loop packet. Provided you do this WeeWX will accumulate these loop packet
rain values and emit the total rain for the archive period in an archive
packet. This is the data you will see stored in the database (appropriately
converted given the loop packet unit system and database unit system). Once
you know your incoming data is good then I would be worrying about what is
appearing in reports.

One other thing, if comparing WeeWX 'day rainfall' to a station provided
equivalent remember that WeeWX calculates the 'day rainfall' value from the
rain data it has seen on that day, so if you start WeeWX part way through
the day and there was rainfall earlier in the day then the WeeWX calculated
total will almost certainly be less than the station provided day rainfall
value.

Gary