One v5 change that makes it easier to run multiple instances is that all
station data has now been cleanly separated from the "code." So you can put
skins, configuration files, and even extensions in a separate place for
each station. That makes it a lot easier to keep track of what instance is
using which configuration file and skin.

As far as compute power is concerned, unless you're running some very
intensive reports, I would think an RPi 4 would have no trouble running 3
instances.

I run 3 instances on a 15 year old fit-PC with 512MB of memory and a 32-bit
AMC Geode processor running at 500 MHz and it has no problem.