Given the somewhat erratic behaviour of the Raspberry Pi's 4's USB ports
and the handshaking between weewx and the data console, I suspect what I
want to do is impossible, but here's a shot in the dark.

I'd like to "split" my USB data from a Vantage Vue console between my
production weewx Pi 4 and a development Pi 4.  weewx is working well using
the Simulator on my development Pi, but I want to feed it actual data and
use the Vantage driver.  What would happen if I fed the Vantage Vue console
into a powered USB hub and then used two other ports as the data sources?

Both systems are using weewx 4.1.2.

- Paul VE1DX