@paul bennet: I don't know if it is so much of a coincidence, Föhn is a
phenomenon that is common in spring and fall, rarely seen in winter and
summer. Is Chinook also tied to seasons?

"Katabatic" winds are cold winds, like Bora and Mistral, Föhn is warm, so I
don't know if we are mixing up phenomenons here. Anyway, talking about all
these stuff reminds me, that anytime in the late 2020s, a weewx-groupie
from Austria, with a bottle of some kind of single malt in his hands,  will
ring a doorbell in Hood River, OR.