Hi Karen,
     So, the images get generated on an RPi, then rsync'd to the machine
with the web server.  I'd never used
wee_report standalone, and made a directory to run it in, which was empty
afterwards.  The updated plots
did generate (verified manually, and weewx isn't running, so nothing newer
from there), and they did sync over.
I used a different browser, and the correct plots id display, so it
certainly looks like a browser caching issue.
Checking the web comes up with the same solution I found for the same
problem as shown above.  I'll try finding
a solution in cheetah, since that's generating the index.html.
Thx, Chris