[top posting repaired]

Cat22 <erbento...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 9:43:55 AM UTC-7 Greg Troxel wrote:
>
>> Tom Keffer <tke...@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > This was fixed in commit dc4ab54
>> > <
>> https://github.com/weewx/weewx/commit/dc4ab54b9a5935e7334dc0e9de97e5854204d6e7
>> >,
>> > to appear in V5.
>>
>> I did a cherry-pick of this onto master, which succeeded with no
>> conflicts. Rerunning setup.py build/install, and then reinstalling
>> Pillow 10.0.1 (updating it from 9.x), I am able to run wee_reports with
>> no issues.
>>
>> I rebooted and waited for a new archive interval, and I am getting new
>> graphs reliably, as far as I can tell.
>>
>> So cherry-pick/push on master should be safe.

> How do i get this fix? and how do i install it so it only upgrades my weewx
> without loss of configuration data?
> I don't have the option to roll back pillow and I am currently on pillow
> 10.0.1-1

Ideally, someone who can write the repo would cherry-pick and push to
the stable branch, and then you'd just check that out and build.
Until then, you'll need to clone the repo, and
```
git cherry-pick dc4ab54b9a5935e7334dc0e9de97e5854204d6e7
```
and then build.

If this sounds mysterious, read this book carefully, and then it will
make sense:

  https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2