Correct. Back on the 26th the NWS rolled out their new Aviation Weather
Center website and it is a total re-write of the old site. The old
extension screen-scraped the web page to obtain the METAR & TAF data. That
doesn't work with the new site and you have to use the AWC Data API to
obtain the data. It is available in 5 formats (raw, json, geojson, xml,
html). The documentation is poor and you need to find the Help page using
the '?' at the top of the Data API page to figure out the correct format
for the URL calling the data.  The metargenerator.py file requires a major
rewrite and I decided to return the data as text and then let the weewx
skin format it instead of trying to use the html feed since the new NWS
html format did not work well with my skin.